Tech Solidarity NL
Tech Solidarity NL is a grassroots community of tech workers in the Netherlands advancing the design and development of more just and egalitarian technology.
- To be announced
February 4, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
Sign up for our newsletter
In past meetups we have delved into the root causes of the issues that concern us. We have explored how to bring about systemic change through direct interventions as well as contributions to other organizations. Currently we are focusing our efforts on educating and organizing tech workers who want to create positive impact through their day-to-day work.
- Dark design scenarios
December 3, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
- Data brokers with Investico
October 25, special edition at IMPAKT Festival (Utrecht)
- Practicing value sensitive design
August 6, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
- Transparency in machine learning
June 4, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
- Ethical stacks with De Correspondent
April 9, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
- Data protection by design with Jaap‑Henk Hoepman
February 5, Sensor Lab (Utrecht)
- Value sensitive design
December 11 (Amsterdam)
- The precarious working class with Nibud
November 6, Nibud (Utrecht)
- Social justice and technology
October 2, Eend (Utrecht)
- What’s my class?
September 4 (Amsterdam)
- Economic inequality
August 7 (Amsterdam)
- Transition to more goal-directed sessions
July 3 (Amsterdam)
- Exploring our means and ends with Bits of Freedom
June 19, Bits of Freedom (Amsterdam)
- Improving diversity and inclusivity with Q42
May 2, Q42 (Amsterdam)
- Exploring a shared group purpose
March 20 (Amsterdam)
- Broad brainstorm on an open and diverse society
February 13, FreedomLab (Amsterdam)
We are a semi-open group of tech workers. Our members are chiefly designers and developers but also journalists, academics et cetera.
Coordinating our efforts are: Kars Alfrink, Iskander Smit, and Rob Maijers. To reach us, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are inspired by but not affiliated with Tech Solidarity US.